| ||2014-present||Visiting Scientist, Rockefeller University|
| ||2004-2013||Associate Professor, Rockefeller University|
| ||1997-2004||Assistant Professor, Rockefeller University|
| ||1991-1997||Research Associate, Rockefeller University|
| ||1989-1991||Research Assistant, Brandeis University|
| ||1988-1989||Military Service|
| ||1984-1988||Research Assistant, Brandeis University|
| ||1983-1984||Teaching Assistant, Brandeis University|
- CDF: Chairman of the CDF statistics committee from 2005 to 2007, and regular member since 2007. Search for single-top-quark production, measurements of the top quark charge and mass.
- CMS: Chairman of the CMS statistics committee from 2007 to 2009, and regular member since 2009. Work on hypothesis testing, combination of measurements, treatment of systematic uncertainties, the look-elsewhere effect, Bayesian reference analysis, and bootstrap methods. Application to searches for the Higgs boson and for contact interactions.
- CDF: Study of the high-end tail of the transverse energy spectrum of inclusive jets. Search for the Higgs boson in several channels. Search for electroweak single-top production. Study of diffractive J/psi production. Search for W-pair production in the lepton+jets channel.
- Combination of all the CDF and D0 top mass measurements.
- Convener of the CDF top physics group (1998-1999).
- Member of the CDF statistics committee since 2000.
- SSC, LHC: Development of high-pressure gas calorimeter technology for the next generation of high-energy physics experiments. Design and construction of calorimeter prototypes with three geometries: a stack of parallel plates, a bundle of straight tubes, and a bundle of wiggly tubes. Testing of these prototypes in Fermilab and CERN electron and pion beams. Long-term radiation damage tests on high-pressure gases at the Phoenix Memorial Laboratory of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
- CDF: Search for the top quark in the dilepton channel. Search for, and observation of t-tbar production in p-pbar collisions using the total transverse energy H released in events with a W boson and three or more jets. Measurement of the t-tbar production cross section and top quark mass using H.
- Convener of the CDF top kinematics subgroup (1995-1996), and of the CDF top mass and kinematics subgroup (1996-1997).
- Construction and testbeam calibration of the CDF forward electromagnetic calorimeters.
- Design and assembly of the CDF gas gain monitoring system, and writing of the online data acquisition software.
- Search for the top quark in CDF Run 0 data, in the electron+jets and muon+jets channels.